Saturday, August 14, 2010

What is the What #12

I think that Valentino feels a connection with Michael the TV boy when he said “you too are a child of war.” It’s interesting that Valentino is telling so much about what happened in his childhood with such great detail. I got really pulled into the story when they were telling the story of “what is the what”, even though I got a little confused. I hope that the book will elaborate on “what is the what” later on in the story. It’s hard to believe that this is a real story when he talks about running for weeks and staying with new people and knowing he’s unsafe. We take our basic needs like food, water, and shelter for granted and here Valentino is risking his life by running to obtain these. It’s pretty intense how he didn’t really know where he would be the next day or if he would even be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment