Sunday, August 15, 2010
1984 #20 YAY!
O’Brien and Winston finally meet in their place of no darkness but it wasn’t what I had expected. I feel as if O’Brien was the one who made Winston hold on to his life. He spoke many times of suicide but his last thought was always O’Brien. Maybe he is a symbol of an angel or a hero. The part where Winston is told he doesn’t exist and that “everyone knows what waits in room 101” confused me. Was this all a dream? Is he already dead? O’Brien is Winston’s obsession. I think that obsesses over him and that is why he believed everything he said and always thought of him. This book was pretty crazy and I feel like if I had the time to read it a second time I would make more sense of it. I feel like Winston is not satisfied with his life but in the end, what can you do about it? I think there is a lost sense of who he is but there’s nothing much that he can do about it so he accepts the fact that he is who he is and just needs to accept what comes his way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment