Sunday, August 15, 2010
1984 #19
It’s crazy how society makes changes so suddenly. In the middle of a speech the speaker was forced to change words from always to never and such. I feel like this is so confusing and if I were living in that situation where things were constantly changed, I would have no sense of right or wrong, left or right. His last thought of the night “sanity is not statistical” makes me think. I feel as if it is important but I don’t really see how yet. When Julia and Winston got caught by the thought police, it was a pretty shocking scene. I mean, I wouldn’t think about a telescreen being hidden behind a picture. I knew that they would get caught eventually, but the way that it happened came as a surprise. I wouldn’t have thought twice about Mr. Charrington being a member of the thought police either! It really does seem like there is no safe zone for anyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment