Sunday, August 15, 2010
1984 #16
1984 has a lot going on in such a short amount of time. I thought it’s interesting how things work in the setting such as there being a thought police and such. It’s crazy to read about how people become “vaporized” and every record about them gets deleted once a crime is committed. It’s also a little weird how records are being changed constantly and because of this there is really no sense of truth. A quote that stuck out to me was “whoever controls the past controls the present and future”. I realized that the society they are living in is actually really scary. A society where files are destroyed to make it as if people never existed, changing documents to make them what the government wants, to cut words from vocabulary and to be watch 24/7 is not something I would want to come by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment