Sunday, August 15, 2010
1984 #18
The letter saying “I love you” seems to me like it gives Winston a purpose to live and mission to find out what it means. His new relationship with the dark haired girl is provoking thought, things are so secretive and sometimes so fast that I’m starting to wonder whether this will turn out good or bad. O’Brien comes up again, and they finally have their meeting and Winston comes to the conclusion that he will be killed at the Ministry of Love. I connected this to Julia for she had written a note saying she loved Winston, and there he goes saying he will die at the Ministry of Love. I feel like Julia will be the end of Winston. I also see that chocolate is a symbol that comes up lots of times in the book once when he and Julia were meeting up, and second when he explains how he took chocolate from his family and ran away. This may be a symbol for guilt or temptation, I’m not really sure which one. When O’Brien turns of the telescreen I feel like it is a sign of trust, that Winston does not need to be watched.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment