Saturday, July 31, 2010

How to Read Literature Like A Professor #3

I was on vacation for a while and had no internet access but I brought my book along with me and wrote down my blogs on paper so that I could type them when I got home.

As I continued reading, I found myself agreeing more and more with the points that Foster was making. He brought up a pont that as readers we look for strangeness but we also look for familiarity to make sense of it. Also I never would have thought so deep into the weather the story takes place in. Yeah, I would keep a mental note in that it was a rainy night, but I never looked at a walk in the rain as a cleansing scene. The weather chapter is definately the most interesting to me, and my favorite chapter so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment